This is a sample of the painting commission contract between Becky and a client.
This Agreement is made the (day,month,year) between:The Artist, Becky Joy, (address, phone number, and email)
(The Collector) (name, address, phone number and email)
Agreement between Artist & Collector as follows
1.The Artwork:Collector is commissioning Becky Joy to paint a painting with the following guidelines:
- price: (include taxes, if appropriate)
2. Payment Schedule: The Purchaser agrees to pay the Artist one third of the total Price:($’s) which is ($’s) upon affixing their signature to this agreement. The Purchaser further agrees to pay the remaining 2/3 of the total Price: ($’s) which is ($’s) plus any other agreed upon fees on delivery of the Work.
- The Purchaser shall pay this amount immediately if Work is picked up or delivered in person.
- The Purchaser is required to remit payment upon notification of the Artist if the Work is to be shipped. Upon receipt of payment, the Artist will delivery Work to shipping carrier within five (5) business days.
3. Copyright: Artist retains the copyright to all works commissioned by Collector that was created by Artist, including all reproduction rights and the right to claim statutory copyright. No artwork may be reproduced or altered without the written consent of the Artist.
4. Right of Refusal: In the event that the Collector does not wish to purchase the commissioned artwork, the Collector may refuse. In that case, the Artist will retain the refused artwork and the non-refundable deposit. This is free of any claims or interests of the Collector and the Collector will not owe any additional fees to the Artist.
IN WITNESS WHEREOF the Artist and Collector have executed the Agreement on the day & year written above.
Add me to the list
FREE 11"x14" print mailed to you absolutely FREE!